PARTICIPATING-VOLUNTEERING-CONTRIBUTING TO FUND LEIOMYOSARCOMA RESEARCH ARE ALL WAYS TO “INVEST” IN THE FUTURE OF PROGRESS IN “REACHING FOR THE CURE – TOGETHER!”
* ATTEND PATIENT EDUCATION PROGRAMS – held throughout the year. Check Patient Education page for calendar updates.
* BE A VOLUNTEER FOUNDATION AMBASSADOR – Help the Foundation with a small project. Initiate a project you feel passionate about doing, based on your time / availability. The Foundation has at least 50 fundraising ideas to share. Students and young professionals can also be Ambassadors to help raise awareness and LMS research funding.
*THINK OF A PROJECT AT CHURCH, SCHOOL, WORK, CLUB AFFILIATION, in connection with a holiday to make it a festive fundraising effort. Fall is a great time to launch a fundraising project.
JULY 15 IS LMS AWARENESS DAY – A fundraising event on this day would highlight awareness of LMS.
You are the “donor in the driver’s seat” – to select any or all LMS research projects being supported through the Foundation.
A “directed donation” to certain or all research projects is welcomed!
The Foundation will continuously support promising LMS research for the advancement of treatment breakthroughs.
The need never stops, ongoing efforts to raise funds to support the much-needed research is imperative. 65% of LMS-diagnosed patients live five years. Therefore, patients do not have the luxury of time on their side.
2. Planned Giving – Think about a “lasting impact” on the future of LMS research efforts through wills, trusts, annuities.
3. ASK YOUR EMPLOYER about a MATCHING GIFT PROGRAM
Ask your employer about your corporate/company program to possibly double or triple your donation(s).
Increase the amount of your gift by using your Employer’s Gift Match Program. Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations.
Check with your employer or Human Resources Manager to determine if your company participates in a Gift Match Program.
4. Honor /Tribute /SURVIVOR / THRIVER FUND
If you want to establish a memorial/ tribute fund for a loved one, please visit the establish a tribute page below:
NATIONAL LMS AWARENESS DAY began on July 15, 2016. The Foundation will continue to work with legislators annually to ensure each year includes this special day . . . a special time to honor survivors and those that would want to be remembered for a life lived with grace and courage while facing this rare cancer journey.
A fund in observance of this day through crowdfunding such as IGIVE.com, YOUCARING.com, GOFUNDME.com, etc., is a great way to have others join you to help fund research, perhaps even through a matching donation!
We are ALL “Stakeholders” in accelerating LMS research efforts/advancements/results to extend survivorship. We have to stand behind the LMS Researchers – it’s up to all of us – Together!
Your Tax Deductible contribution/investment to fund lifesaving research means so much to patients currently fighting this rare cancer. Please donate today and you will receive Foundation acknowledgment for tax record purposes and a personal message from the Foundation President, with a purple ribbon to wear or NLMSF silicone wristband.