February 23, 2016
- FOX CHASE PATIENT- FAMILY EDUCATION SYMPOSIUM: “FACING LMS TOGETHER”
- March 11, 2017 with Dr. Sujana Movva, Sarcoma Center Visit: nlmsf.org to register for this program and view Dr. Movva’s youtube presentation – a wonderful Research Oncologist, leading LMS research projects / clinical trials.
- CANCER IMMUNOLOGY UPDATE – ” INFLAMMASOMES and Cancer”
- CAR-T CELL THERAPY – Controversial but still hopeful
- APRIL 21, 2017 FRED HUTCHINSON CANCER CENTER PATIENT-FAMILY EDUCATION SYMPOSIUM with Dr. Seth Pollack, Sarcoma Center. Research Oncologist involved in Car-T Cell Therapy research and more.
- “HOW WE CARE FOR AN OLDER PATIENT WITH CANCER” – from THE JOURNAL OF ONCOLOGY
CANCER IMMUNOLOGY UPDATE: “INFLAMMASOMES”
Inflammasomes and Cancer – Cancer Immunology at the Crossroads
Rajendra Karki, Si Ming Man, and Thirumala-Devi Kanneganti
Cancer Immunol Res; February 2017 5:2; 94-99; Published OnlineFirst January 16, 2017; doi:10.1158/2326-6066.CIR-16-0269
CAR-T CELLS – Engineering the Patient’s own Cells to Fight Cancer
Dr. Seth Pollack at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center in Seattle, WA has been involved in such research efforts.
April 21, 2017, the NLMSF comes together with Seattle Cancer Care, and the Northwest Sarcoma Foundation to bring patients and their families an education symposium to learn about research, clinical trial, immunotherapy updates, and more.
Visit: nlmsf.org under Patient Education to see the information flyer and register now.
How We Care for an Older Patient with Cancer
This is a “patient-centered” article by the Journal of Oncology incorporating a related article by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center that indicates the development of an electronic tool: Rapid Fitness Assessment that collects patient-reported data, which contributes positively to the standard of care for older adults.
This is a very informative, long article, but worth reading because it is a discussion about advancing an improved protocol for enhancing the standard of care focus by an oncology care team for cancer patients.
Thank you all –
ANNIE ACHEE –
MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER – Focusing on the Future – in our QUEST FOR THE CURE – TOGETHER!