ANNOUNCING A DEDICATED HELPLINE FOR LMS PATIENTS / FAMILIES / CAREGIVERS
ANNOUNCING A DEDICATED HELPLINE
FOR LMS PATIENTS / FAMILIES / CAREGIVERS
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2018
Monday through Friday 9 am – 9 pm EST
The National LeioMyoSarcoma Foundation (NLMSF) has entered into a collaborative alliance with the CANCER SUPPORT COMMUNITY (CSC) for a dedicated Live Support Helpline for LMS Patients, Families / Caregivers. A designated telephone number support helpline will become available September 1st. Counseling support will be offered in English and Spanish. The telephone number will be conveyed in another announcement by September 1st.
The Cancer Support Helpline staff will be available to counsel LMS patients or their loved ones, needing one on one support and guidance in navigating the LMS diagnosis, treatment / coping and caregiving journey. The opportunity to receive information and guidance from trusted, well-trained C S C professionals/counselors is a valuable and important service.
All information, counseling, and navigation services are provided at no cost to callers in both English and Spanish.
For questions pertaining to this new support service offered through the National Leiomyosarcoma Foundation and the Cancer Support Community partnership, please contact Annie Achee at email@example.com.
It is the hope of the NLMSF and CSC, that patients/ families/caregivers will utilize this dedicated direct helpline support service, established to offer peace of mind that there will always be an available counselor on the phone to “be there” for immediate support.
NOTE: Medical advice is not provided, and must be directed back to the patient’s oncology care team. Information provided on clinical trials and genomic/genetic testing must always be further discussed with your oncologist/oncology care team.
Cancer Support Helpline services include, but are not limited to:
- Connecting callers to local or national resources, transportation services and other local programs where patients live, providing direct coordination support to patients for the help needed.
- Short-term cancer counseling and emotional assistance
- Treatment decision planning in support of the oncological care team
- Financial navigation and counseling regarding the costs of cancer and its treatments
- Specialized information on finances / financial planning guidance
- Clinical trials navigation/information and search assistance
- Genetic/genomic information assistance
- Access to an online distress screening program, CancerSupportSource®
- General information about the Cancer Support Community
The National LeioMyoSarcoma Foundation and the Cancer Support Community have come together in the spirit of collaboration and advocacy, to bring personalized, vital resource support to meet the needs of LMS patients/ families/caregivers.
A C H I E V I N G M O R E – T O G E T H E R!