A DEDICATED HELPLINE FOR LMS PATIENTS, FAMILIES, and CAREGIVERS
ANNOUNCING A DEDICATED HELPLINE
for LMS Patients, Families, and Caregivers
Monday through Friday 9 am – 9 pm EST
The National Leiomyosarcoma Foundation (NLMSF) has entered into a collaborative alliance with the Cancer Support Community (CSC) for a dedicated Live Support Helpline for LMS Patients, Families, and Caregivers. Counseling support is offered in English and Spanish. The Cancer Support Helpline staff is available to counsel LMS patients or their loved ones, needing support and guidance in navigating the LMS diagnosis, treatment, and care-giving journey. The opportunity to receive information and guidance from trusted, well-trained CSC professional counselors is a valuable and important service.
All information, counseling, and navigation services are provided at no cost to callers in both English and Spanish.
For questions pertaining to this new support service offered through the National Leiomyosarcoma Foundation and the Cancer Support Community partnership, please contact Annie Achee at [email protected].
It is the hope of NLMSF and CSC, that patients, families, and caregivers will utilize this dedicated direct helpline support service, established to offer peace of mind that there will always be an available counselor on the phone to “be there” for immediate support.
NOTE: Medical advice is not provided, and must be directed back to the patient’s oncology care team. Information provided on clinical trials and genomic/genetic testing must always be further discussed with your oncology care team.
Cancer Support Helpline services include, but are not limited to:
- Connecting callers to local or national resources, transportation services and other local programs where patients live, providing direct coordination support to patients for the help needed.
- Short-term cancer counseling and emotional assistance.
- Treatment decision planning in support of the oncological care team.
- Financial navigation and counseling regarding the costs of cancer treatments.
- Specialized information on financial planning.
- Clinical trial navigation, information, and search assistance.
- Genetic/genomic information assistance.
- Access to an online distress screening program, CancerSupportSource®
- General information about the Cancer Support Community.
The National Leiomyosarcoma Foundation and the Cancer Support Community have come together in the spirit of collaboration and advocacy, to bring personalized, vital resource support to meet the needs of LMS patients, families, and caregivers.
ACHIEVING MORE TOGETHER!