We are all survivors from the time we are initially diagnosed to the end of treatment and into long term survivorship.
COURAGE, HOPE, RESILIENCE, & STRENGTH
A reflection on the takeaways of survival after diagnosis, getting through treatment, after treatment, rebuilding quality of life as you continue survivorship for you and your family/caregiver. Perhaps these thoughts will resonate with you:
- Reflect on, and connect with, your inner strength.
- Renew your faith in the ability to meet challenges and succeed.
- Take charge of your care, your health, and recovery by educating yourself about LMS, your immune system, and how to tamp down inflammation within the body. Be fully involved in understanding what you are going through before, during, and after treatment.
- Practice acceptance–perhaps different forms of meditation or yoga—proactively dealing with your inner emotions in ways that are comfortable for you.
- Emerge stronger in grace and acceptance, exploring all things possible within you.
- Find your peace in ways that serve you best. See the healing challenge as a situation that you can handle with the support of others around you; be it family, friends, your oncology care team, and others in your community.
- Learn more about eating healthy–learn more about the microbiome and the body’s reaction to chemotherapy.
- Little by little, your path to emerging strong in mind, body, and spirit will serve you well. You will build your will power and enhance survivorship.
- BE YOUR OWN BEST ADVOCATE. You are the “expert” on your own body and an important part of your Oncology Care Team.