THE NLMSF SUPPORT PROGRAMS:
* LMS LIVE CONNECT - Monthly Patient- to Patient-driven telephone conversation
- Building strength, courage, inspiration, and hope through personal conversations and sharing stories and
experiences with one another
* CONNECT WITH A CLINICIAN PROGRAM - through the Foundation FaceBook.
- General support from 8 world renowned volunteer clinicians providing general answers to general
questions posed by patients. This does not take the place of one's own oncologist or care team
* ANNUAL PATIENT - FAMILY - CAREGIVER LMS EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- multiple programs throughout the year across the USA
- collaborative programs with other sarcoma conferences in the US and Canada
* THE NLMSF COLLABORATIVE SIDE-EQ SIDE EFFECTS PATIENT REGISTRY
- offering patients information on treatment side effects to be aware of, also provide additional information
- receive information on tips to sidestep or minimize side effects
* Collaboration with the Rare Cancer Research Foundation (RCRF) - a partnership to represent the LMS
Community for the Pilot Cell Line Project- a program that promotes amplification of tumor tissue after surgery,
to amplify and accelerate research efforts. Researchers surveyed are in favor of this program, which has been
connected to the NIH.
* THE NLMSF WORLD RENOWNED MEDICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
This committee of researchers/clinicians represent some of the best in the world. They are charged with
vetting research project requests for funding by the Foundation. This is an important donation stewardship
component of the Foundation, to ensure that all "investments in research" are used for the most promising
LMS specific research projects.
* NLMSF WEEKLY BULLETINS
- weekly information updates on research news, clinical trial listings, well-being articles, and more
- Communication of updates to the ACOR and Smart Patients Group, as well as community Patient Support Groups
- Article submission by the Foundation to: CURE MAGAZINE and GLOBAL GENES
* THE NLMSF WEBSITE and FACEBOOK GROUP -
All effective and helpful communication tools to convey the latest in information updates through the daily research
efforts of volunteers.
* COLLABORATIVE PARTNERSHIPS WITH OTHER SARCOMA / CANCER ORGANIZATIONS
- to enhance/expand patient resource assistance for patients and their families
- stronger together in mission and purpose on behalf of patients/families/caregivers
THE NLMSF IS WORKING HARD FOR - Y O U!