Call anytime, the LMS Lifeline/Compass Connection: 303-808-3437 or 303-783-0924.
NLMSF Life Change Resource Assistance
CONNECT WITH A CLINICIAN PROGRAM:
Send general questions to email@example.com , to be forwarded anonymously to research clinicians to provide general help. This program was developed to encourage medical questions to be directed to medical professionals rather than fb communities in an effort to provide helpful information from medical professionals. –
sarcoma specialists from sarcoma centers of excellence.
Helpful Guidance on Handling Cancer and Your Emotions
throughout the cancer journey: http://bit.ly/
List of Resources Assistance Organizations
- American Cancer Society (ACS): 800-ACS-2345 (800-227-2345) provides information about specific cancers and has resources for supportive care and services around the country.
- Association of Cancer Online Resources is a group of online cancer communities that provides information in a supportive environment.
- Podcast from Dr. Vinod Ravi (MD Anderson Cancer Center) on LMS research efforts.
- YouTube presentation by Dr. Bharat Aggarwal on nutrition and Curcumin (Turmeric).
- Cancer.Net 888-651-3038, this patient education website from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) provides information on more than 50 types of cancer and their treatments, clinical trials, side effects, and coping.
- CancerCare: 800-813-HOPE (800-813-4673), this national organization provides a toll-free counseling phone line, telephone support groups, and educational programs. All services are free of charge.
- Finding a Caregiver When you Have Cancer
- National Cancer Institute (NCI): 800-4-CANCER (800-422-6237) provides access to many types of information resources on different cancers, treatments, and supportive care.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) is the nation’s medical research agency – supporting scientific studies that turn discovery into health.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is made up of experts from many of the nation’s leading cancer centers. It develops cancer treatment guidelines for doctors to use when treating patients.
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) 877-NCCS-YES provides tools that empower people afflicted by cancer to advocate for themselves.